Vadodara







I had two hours time at Vadodara before I could embark the Sampark Kranti train back home. As providence would have it, I got a good smaritan autorickshawalah -Usman Bhai, who happily took me to two places viz. Laxmi Vilas Palace and the Museum. The Maharaja of Baroda had a superb collection of bronzes and paintings (regrettably mostly of European origin) and a large number of originals by Raja Ravi Verma including oleo graphs and lithographs. The porcelain collection from China and European countries are impressive whereas the marble statues are attractive. The entry fees in Laxmi Vilas palace is Rs.170/- (INR) and the Museum Rs.60. The royal estate must be covering an area of over 2000 acres in which the orchards, palaces and several other structures as pavilions are beautifully placed giving them good space to full display of magnificence. I was just back in time -an hour ahead of the departure of the train.

Comments